XP Pro + Domain controller + Group Policy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lycaon

I downloaded that 120 day eval copy of Windows 2003 a long time ago, but never used it. I've been wanting to check out the server-side of Active Directory, permissions, and whatnot, and plan to install it on Virtual PC later, and play with it.

My question is: Here at work they've got a few DCs, and computers with XP Pro. Permissions on the client computers are restricted based on Group Policy. I'd like to mess with the same stuff at home.

Basically, the question boils down to: I'd like to experiment with restricting groups and/or individual users with GPO, however, from what I can see, in the GP editor, it seems that there is only one Group Policy, which govens the entire computer, and all users regardless of their group.

I'd like to apply different restrictions, sort of like assigning one Group Policy to one user, and another Group Policy to an entire group, etc.

Any of you know where I can find information on this? I've definitely tried Google, and a few other search engines, but the sites that it turned up weren't really helpful at all.

Thanks in advance,

Lyc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online