1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro Driver error w/Network Printer mfc210c

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp22, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

Folks
    I bet someone has 'seen this movie before'... hope so.
    I have a working network at a small church, with five workstations up, one Brother MFC210C multifunction printer/scanner attached via USB to one of the workstations. The existing stations all happily using the printer.

I added yesterday a compaq dc7100... darn good little unit, running XP Professional. When I went to setup the printer, I first got it on the right network, and it can clearly browse the shared resources etc of the other systems... Pointed to the printer, and XP gave me an error to the extent "The device has incorrect drivers loaded", then it wants to send me to the device driver routine, so I need a disk or whatever, but when I point it to the proper folder where I have freshly downloaded the driver files from Brother it says "no driver found for this device"...... AND, to top it off, the MFC210C is not in the list of Brother devices shown in the hardware providers under XP.

So, is there a way first of all to update that Win XP hardware list so that it is populated with the mfc210c? that seems to be the intent of a folder Brother has on their site that is marked "hardware wizard" for windows XP, but they give no instructions on where to unzip the files to!

Any other suggestions?

I note that Windows ME is on the workstation to which the printer is directly attached. There are no errors [driver errors] at all on that or any other station using the printer. no issues.

thx
    z:(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice