1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro For PCs without Windows, Windows 95....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bruce Brown, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Thread Starter

I was given XP Pro "For PCs without Windows, or PCs with Windows 95 or earlier versions." on the package. Unfortunately I have the earlier versions of Windows 98.

Can I use this package for Windows 98 or am I going to have problems? I haven't opened the box yet, but I am very far away from anywhere I can exchange it.

Help GREATLY appreciated. :confused:

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

You can use it, but it will be a clean install, it will not be an upgrade to XP.

If you don't mind reinstalling all of your programs, then I would. XP has some nice features and is more stable then 98.

3. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Thread Starter

Don't suppose you could 1, 2, 3 step me into doing a "clean install" could you...rather, would you?

Thanks

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Actually Paul Thurott has done a very good guide with detailed explanations for doing a clean install of XP. I would suggest giving it a look and maybe printing it out (unless you have a second computer then you could just save it to it)

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice