1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Pro, main user, no icons, apps not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by maclone_meli, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclone_meli

maclone_meli Thread Starter

I'm running XP Pro on a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. I have two users on it, mine being the main one. No passwords, no difference between them. The other user works fine, no issues. My user, the taskbar shows up, with my Quicklaunch toolbar on it, as well as the clock and network connectivity on the right. There's no icons on my desktop, and I can't righ click to see if a refresh would work. :mad:

I can click on the Start menu, but I can't get anything to run. The cursor moves as if it's loading the program, then stops. Nothing is running in the task manager.

On the other user, I've run a defrag, a virus scan, a spyware scan, and everything else I could possibly think of. Any ideas why one user would be fine, and the other doesn't function?? :confused: :confused:

Any help would be appreciated!! :eek:

2. slim2788

slim2788

The user you are having problems with is currupted youll have to remove it then recreate it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice