XP Pro overtop of XP Home...wont activate?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Apollyon

Hi all, My laptop came installed with XP Home from Dell, I recently decided to upgrade to XP Pro, I installed it over top of Home edition and put in the correct serial but it wont except it and keeps counting down the number of days for activation. I was under the impression that XP Pro did not do that like Home edition. Should I just reformat and do a clean install?

I don't see why you should have to do a clean install (unless you want to). I'm not sure why you're unable to activate using the key you received with Pro but the activation wizard should provide you with the option of activating via phone.

Apollyon

Ah, the old fashioned way...a telephone...didnt even think of it, Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online