XP Pro Re-boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pablo2u

Just re-installed XP Pro on new system. My Machine re-boots at random.
Any help?
AMD 1333 - 1ghz PC2100 - Shuttle AK31
Thanks

Does it have anything to do with the video card? because I know when I had my problem with XP it was video card related and would restart whenever I had it do some graphical commands. Try going to the start menu then to run. Type in Dxdiag. Run all the tests and tell me how you make out.

check your motherboard as well. it's definitely hardware related. also check your ram, it may be bad. thanks. hope i helped.

volrathxp
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D

Hi
I have recently installed Windows XP Home edition and my PC was doing this also.
It turns out that when ever XP doesn't like the driver for a particular piece of hardware you are using, it just reboots your system. In my case it was my Plextor CDRW. I replaced the firmware and now the problem is solved. It also happened with my ISDN card.. replaced the drivers with XP compatible ones and no more reboots. Hope this helps.

ATOMIC666
:D

pablo2u

Replaced Detonator 23.11 driver with Asus 7700 driver..........seems to work fine now.
Thanks for your input

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online