xp pro reboots unexpectedly, no apparent reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jasonwebb

hey there, and thanks in advance, now i have winxp pro which i've been running well the last 2 or 3 years, but lately it just shuts down(reboots) unexpectedly, like if i'd be writind down this message and all of the sudden it starts rebooting, the wierd thing is that it seem to happen only while i try to do a right click, or insert a blank cd, or perform a spyware scan, now lately a cleaned the registry with tweek now regcleaner, but only showed safe to delete items, so i dont know if it might have something to do with it, now, i just want this solved in order to be able to copy a couple things i need before i proced with reformating the Hd, which by the way i forgot how to do, anyways, thanks for the support

Disable automatic restarts on error and you should get a blue screen with some information on the cause.

Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and Recovery/Settings - uncheck "Automatically restart" OK.

jasonwebb

thanks alot , i will try that, any further suggestions would be even more helpful

Unless we know the underlying reason from the blue screens, further help is a guess though.

If no blue screen is given, only then can you suspect hardware issues such as overheating etc.

jasonwebb

yep i got the blue screen, it says, bad_pool_caller, seems to be the only problem written on the screen

jasonwebb

i insist this only happens with the applications mentioned avobe in the first post, again thanks a lot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online