Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XP Pro Slide Show

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dud 
#1 ·
Hello,

My OS is XP Pro. I have my screen set to slide show as the screen saver. Is there any way to freeze the photo on my screen and source the file info. I get to see photos I haven't seen in years and then want an easy way to locate the file instead of spending a lot of time searching.

Thanks,
Jeff B.

#2 ·
Jeff B said:
Hello,

My OS is XP Pro. I have my screen set to slide show as the screen saver. Is there any way to freeze the photo on my screen and source the file info. I get to see photos I haven't seen in years and then want an easy way to locate the file instead of spending a lot of time searching.

Thanks,
Jeff B.
When you go into Display Properties and hit the Screensaver tab click on settings. There should be a tick box that when clicked will give the option to 'Show File Names'. Hey presto, the picture source path will be shown in top left corner of your picture. If you set the change time to 6 seconds it shouldn't be too hard to quickly note the origin and file name...

Alternatively, why not put all your pics into one folder and then simply set a set slide show in motion... you can freeze that at will.

:cool:

#3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply.
All my photos are in "My Pictures" folder, but in sub folders under My Pictures. Should I literally put them in one folder? How do I freeze them? And is there a way to source the exact location?

Thanks,
JB

#4 ·
Jeff B said:
Thanks for the fast reply.
All my photos are in "My Pictures" folder, but in sub folders under My Pictures. Should I literally put them in one folder? How do I freeze them? And is there a way to source the exact location?

Thanks,
JB
I don't think there's a way to 'freeze' your screensaver cos as soon as you touch anything it will revert back to your desktop or app etc. If you have them all in one folder then obviously the source will be the same for every pic and all you will need to note is the file name which would be shown at the end of the path in the top left corner.

Alternatively leave them in the folders (it does make it easier for sorting anyway) and then just conduct an actual slideshow whilst in the folder view. You can then 'pause' the show when you see one you want, right click on it and select properties to see the file name.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.