1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP pro sp3 will see ipconfig, internet and Ping,but not lost Ethernet connedtion.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sjpiv44, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjpiv44

sjpiv44 Thread Starter

We have 3 workstation running XP Pro, sp3 on a P2P. When I configured a year ago, all 3 stations could see all needed. Now I can still see the internet and ping stations, but with nothing changed except the virus protection; Even with disabling the firewall, I still can not share and with a Ethernet printed, configured 6 month ago great, now not printing.
    Our Anti-virus is Viper which updates every hour and scans daily. \
    Any suggestions?

2. sjpiv44

sjpiv44 Thread Starter

Statement correction: xp pro sp3 will show correct data, we can get on the internet and I can ping addresses, but can not see any stations in the workgroup. After reading a later post, I will do a NBTSTAT -n and do a ipconfig /all. I will check the later post and see if we can get a resolve.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice