1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp Pro Vs Xp Home Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bambino234, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bambino234

Bambino234 Thread Starter

hi there people, please help me!

Set up a home network using an wireless router (d-link set up ip and password keys etc..), used the xp pro wizard and it all seemed to be working.
    I can ping all ip's on the network so they are all connected, but when i try to file share between computers i get and error message ( please contact administrator because you may not have permission) or sumthing like that.

i have set up a network before but that was using xp pro on all computers. are there any conflicts between xp pro and xp home when networking?

Any ideas? help needed

Thanks.........

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try this.

Create a file named FIXANON.REG using notepad with the following contents:

------------------- cut after this line -------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
    "restrictanonymous"=dword:00000000
    ------------------- cut before this line -----------------

3. Techgfx

Techgfx

I have also same problem.How to solve it where i create this file.I didn't understand this setps.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Techgfx, to get help please start your own thread because we aren't smart enough to keep track of two people's problems in one thread. But, since you are really just asking for clarification now ...

JohnWill must have been in a hurry! He forgot to say that after you create the file you need to run it (by double clicking on it). It will merge the fix into your registry; if that makes you nervous, create a restore point first.

It really doesn't much matter where you create the file--desktop, C:\, My Documents, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice