XP Pro wont run games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCfixer

I have already posted a thread on this problem in Game forum, but I'm sticking one here as well in the hope for a faster response
I upgraded my Windows 98SE up to XP Pro because my PC was having a problem seeing my other PC downstairs over my small home network.
All went well and with the exception of the scanner, everything worked OK, infact better than OK, the PC was much faster and was very stable, except when I come to play my games.
Games that were running just fine before the upgrade no longer wanted to run. The intro's compe up and the game plays for about 10 seconds then either th9e PC just shuts down, Locks or at best goes back to the desktop.
I've uninstalled the Nvidea Detanator drivers, re-booted and reinstalled with no joy
Someone of worth did tell there could be a confliction with the chipset on the MB and to install the 4 in 1 drivers from www.veatech.com but didnt say how you find out what chipset I have onboard
Any help at all would be good, It's driving me mad, just want to get back to playing my games over the LAN
Thanks in advance.....My PC spec is as follows
AMD Tbird 900
512 SD RAM
PNY Verto Geforce 4 4200ti
Networked via ethernet with ADSL connection
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online