XP problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dagman

Hi,
I am having major problems trying to get my Daughters Laptop to Start up properly. We can get it to display the normal desktop with all icons but we cannot open any program on the desktop or open any programs in the start tab.C-A-Delete has no use either.
She loaded a Free Antivirus Software called Norman as she panicked as her Norton Antivirius had run out and this is where the problems started I think.
Her System specs are as Follows: HP Pavilion Notebook ZT1000, XP, 1066 megahertz Intel Celeron, 19.95 Gig, 128 Ram.

Any help would be gratfully recieved.

Dag.

Dagman

Hi all,
Restarted in safe mode and deleted offending program.
Never been in it on XP as normally use 98.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts