1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dahunn, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dahunn

dahunn Thread Starter

I am trying to get a machine up and running for a friend. It is one he bought off of someone up north and he doesn't know the admin password to be able to use it.

I originally was going to use some software I found in the forums that requires me to boot from a floppy or a cd. I checked the BIOS and have it booting from the hard disk last and yet I cannot boot from either the cd or the floppy.

At this point I am willing to Fdisk the whole thing and start fresh. It shouldn't really matter since he has never been on the machine before and can't have any data that he would care about.

But without being able to boot from any other disks I can't even do that!!!

Any ideas???

Darryl

2. natcom

natcom

I should recommend resetting the bios to factory default

3. prospect

prospect

Welcome dahunn! :D
    You didn't mentoin if you had the recovery cd's for that machine. What OS are you trying to install? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!