Xp Problems!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vg19

Hi,

I have two problems right now with Windows XP pro.

First, when I start up my computer, and it is about to load into Windows, it asks me to push cntrl+alt+del. Then it asks me to type in my password. This is not a big problem, but I would like to get ride of this screen. How do I do it?

Second, when I go to shut down my computer, instead of shutting down, my computer restarts. I have downloaded all the Windows update updates and I still enocunter this problem. How do I fox this??

Thanks

I am not sure why your system is reboting, but to fix the other problem. Go to the control panel and go to user account. On the main user accounts and choose change the way users log on or off. make sure the use the welcome screen is checked. That should take away the way you log on and off. That way you do not have to do the 3 finger salute.

tpb

Try this:
Start> Control Panel> Power Options> APM tab and make sure Enable Power Management Support is checked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online