XP Professional Crashed after adjusting screen settings in property

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ski04103934

Dear people i am in trouble!

I just installed windows XP Professional on my compaq p.c, However when i went into right click Properties and went into screen adjusting it crashed and came up on my computer screen no signal! and as i try and restart it its fine then before i come onto my desktop it goes black and says no signal!!

I dont know what the problem is or what to do?, can anyone help?

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Press and release F8 continually as soon as you power up the PC, this will get you to a menu, select 'Enable VGA mode' and press Enter.

Once at the desktop change the Display settings back to ones that worked before then reboot normally and you should be ok.

It would be wise to take the monitor into a decent repair shop and get it restored. It's possible you changed your video card to a setting that your display did not like and damaged it.

try managed suggestion to see if you can bypass the driver and restore the monitor. If so you're in good shape.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online