1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Professional Crashed after adjusting screen settings in property

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ski04103934, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ski04103934

ski04103934 Thread Starter

Dear people i am in trouble!

I just installed windows XP Professional on my compaq p.c, However when i went into right click Properties and went into screen adjusting it crashed and came up on my computer screen no signal! and as i try and restart it its fine then before i come onto my desktop it goes black and says no signal!!

I dont know what the problem is or what to do?, can anyone help?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Press and release F8 continually as soon as you power up the PC, this will get you to a menu, select 'Enable VGA mode' and press Enter.

Once at the desktop change the Display settings back to ones that worked before then reboot normally and you should be ok.

3. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

It would be wise to take the monitor into a decent repair shop and get it restored. It's possible you changed your video card to a setting that your display did not like and damaged it.

try managed suggestion to see if you can bypass the driver and restore the monitor. If so you're in good shape.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice