1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Professional - Poss Virus Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tsunami, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunami

Tsunami Thread Starter

Hi,

a friend of mine is having probs with a pc I sold him, now I know the pc is sound but he is having problems with explorer and msn messenger.

Explorer will not close, used to be able to close it with alt-ctrl & del but now even that wont work.

MSN keeps logging in and out of it own free will.

When you try and run msconfig the hourglass flickers for a second but then nothing happens, it just wont load up at all. Oh and Norton 2004 will not load no matter what you try.

My only experiance of msconfig never loading was on a 98 machine at work and that was cos of the netsky virus which naffed it, I have run Stinger on it and re-installed norton and run the start-up virus scanner but nothing has been found and the machine is still like this.

Any ideas or thoughts, apart from a fresh install...?

Oh, and it SP1a.
    Thanks

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

3. zmaster

zmaster

running these programs (spybot, spywareblaster, adaware links in signature) might help too, read the tutorials first

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!