XP Question?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TedCox

My task manager indicates cpu usage 55-99% when no known programs are running.
Norton 2005 sees no spyware,adware or virus. SpyBot sees a file running called :
Xuron55 (Datei C:\windowa\win.ini.kann nicht geoffnet werden
spybot can not access this file because it is being used by another program?
Can you help me find and remove the hidden file?
Ted Cox

TedCox

Task manager says cpu 55-99% usage. Under processes tab, system and system idle process indicate cpu usage at 40-60 Any more suggestions are welcomed, as you can imagine my speed as slowed down.

TedCox

Thanks for your help with spybot but my problem continues. Task manager says 55-99% cpu usage. Under the processes tab, system and system idle process are 47-55% in the cpu column. My light indicating my hard drive running flickers. Spybot says all good, McAfee say all good, virus, spyware, adware. Please help.
Ted Cox

what is using all this CPU usage that you are seeing ?
task manager should tell you

TedCox

Task manager says nothing running. Applications tab is blank.

Go to the processes tab and sort by CPU to see what process is hogging all of the cpu. Make sure you have the show processes from all users checked

TedCox

System and system idle process shows 47-55 in the cpu column

valis

when you open task manager, you see 5 tabs. One of those is 'processes'. On the processor tab there are 4 columns. One of those is CPU. Click that to sort by cpu, then find out what process is eating up all your processor usage. That is what joe and swiper are trying to get to. Once they figure out what the process is, they can tell you what it does, is it bad, etc etc

TedCox

system 50
system idle process 47
ieexplorer 3-5
explorer 1-2
task manager 3-8
thats it

valis

those are all the processes you have running in your process tab?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
TedCox I have merged your threads, please do not create duplicate threads, continue with this thread until solved.
Thank you.

valis I have deleted your posts concerning duplicate threads to minimize confusion, thank you for understanding.

TedCox

Thank you and sorry for that. I do have several different processes starting at 1-2% , but only in flashes. System and systen idle process are the biggest users.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts