1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Wjoe, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wjoe

Wjoe Thread Starter

During my recent move, My OS and application disk got shattered. I contacted the company that I bought the Computer from and they said I am out of luck. I am only really concerned with the OS and office.

Is it illeagal to do so ?
    Is it possible to make the disks again ?
    If it is not illegal could some one tell me how or where to find a link to walk me through it ?

Any help would be great

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Who is the manufcturer . . all the major brands will replace the installtion discs ( some have a nominal charge)

To do what?

Some manufacturers have a recovery partition that restores the system to the "*** Shiped" condition

3. Wjoe

Wjoe Thread Starter

I contacted the store I bought it from a local place , They are the ones that told me no on the getting the disks , It was built by them and the applications were installed by them. They are a local place Sold it under the store name. It is not a big supplier. I feel like typeing there name here !!! but will not

I ask them about the recovery partion and they said that since I got the disks it was not on the computer

I was looking for a way to copy the OS to a disk and was wondering if that was legal to do or not

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Bummer . . You can use Acronis or Ghost to make an image of your system to restore from in case of failure. Both cost about the same . . most of us prefer Acronis. You would need a removable drive since the image would be too large for a CD . . it might fit on a DVD however . . depends on how much is on the system

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice