XP Re-install Problems...HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kaneohe

Thanks Bob, I'll try again, however, I remember you specifying using the second Repair option, I guess it isn't clear to me how to get to the second Repair option....

I'm sorry if my notes are disjointed. I do not have access to the internet at home, so I'm having to write notes and then transcribe them when I get to work where I have interent access.

Kaneohe

OK, I made sure that I was using the second Repair option, and I'm able to get as far as step 7. (...will automatically reboot...Keep the CD in the drive); the computer reboots into SAFE mode---I'm able to see the 4 safe modes in the corners of the screen, but before any of the other services load, I get the message that says "Windows XP Setup cannot run under Safe mode. Setup will restart now". I have no other option but to let the system reboot; I am unable to do anything else. Once the system reboots, the repair process starts all over --- it will keep going in this cycle.

It seems to me that I need to somehow change the setting so that it doesn't boot into Safe mode, or else interrupt the reboot process so it won't load safe mode. I have tried pressing F8, ctrl-c, Break, etc during the reboot, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get around this Safe mode boot-up problem?

I have data on my hard drive that I cannot afford to lose, otherwise I'd just go ahead and reformat.

Thanks so much for your time...I do appreciate your efforts!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online