XP re-registration / re-installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zaax

Over an 18 months period I rebuild my computer, new hard drive one month, new PSU a few months later and so on. I’m about to change my motherboard, processor etc.

I understand that XP does a calculations when first installed and works out a number and if the calculations don’t add up XP requires you to ring M$ to explain why.

How many times can you re-install XP on new machines before you have to ring them?

sy2

I couldn't tell you the exact number, but as long as you bought an original copy at one point and have a valid reason for needing another key you shouldn't have a problem obtaining one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online