1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Reboots

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fiestyvermin, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiestyvermin

fiestyvermin Thread Starter

ok here it is as best as I can explain it I was gone on vacation for 4 days when I left I shut my computer down and turned off the power I didnt shut off the power strip left that on but I turned off the machine I come home go to start up and the computer wont load into xp I always get a floppy drive failure cause I had to disconnect the floppy drive xp dont use those anyway so didnt matter but when it got to the xp screen it started showing the bar and goes right to reboot when it comes back up it asks if you want to go into safe mode safe mode with debugging normal windows I tried them all to no avail so I put in the xp disk and thought to try from the disk the disk wouldnt reload the recovery console so that was out finally I decided to start over and just reload windows now it does fine till it gets to the format screen, if I do a quick format, it does all of that but starts telling Me it cant find .dll files asks if I wanna skip, only problem is once it starts not finding the dll files it doesnt find any, they are on the disk cause we have loaded windows several times, if I go to a normal format it just sits on zero and never changes it just stays on zero I have installed windows xp 7 or 8 times and then me, 98 so I know how to do that much but this is a bit beyond me this is windows xp pro I am thinking its a hardware problem but I dont know how to diagnose or where to start any ideas would be much appreciated

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Whew! 300+ words without a full stop.

I would suggest that it's possible that faulty RAM would be a cause (its commonly associated with such errors on installation of Windows, the one occasion it all gets used) but without studying the post in detail...?

Sorry, its just too hard to read. Otherwise I would try to help.

3. fiestyvermin

fiestyvermin Thread Starter

My apologies I was just trying to give an idea what the problem was the computer wouldnt load into windows, I tried to reload xp, if I do a quick format it goes through that fine but on writing starts losing .dll files, if I try the normal format it just sits on zero and never changes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice