1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP recovery console auto restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tvcat, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvcat

tvcat Thread Starter

hi, my pc spec : AMD Athlon 1800+
    Soltek Mother Board SL75DRV5 Ver1.8(newest)
    256MB DDR-Ram
    MSI Geforce 2 MX440 64MB

my problem is that i cant stay in the recovery console to fix my pc. it will auto restart after login in less than 1 minit. i had try many method include run recovery console from CD and install the recovery console on harddisk and run it. it still give me the same result.

yes my pc still running find but sometime it will come out the blue screen say that Driver_IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less, usb, and ntfs.sys error and i know i should replace several system file but i face this problem.

anyone here can help me?? Thx

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It may seem drastic, but I would do a repair installation of XP. There is clearly a driver problem, probably a non-WHQL one. Repair will return you to the original drivers (usually) and you can then install updated drivers one at a time to test them out.

Are the errors always just those three, or do they differ from time to time?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice