1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP recovery from error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CraigFutterman, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CraigFutterman

CraigFutterman Thread Starter

My son's IBM Thinkpad has XP pro. Each time it boots up, XP puts a message that says "The system has recovered from a serious error." I can't figure out what the error is (I certainly haven't noticed a problem). It also asks if I want to report the message to Microsoft. The error signature is:
    BCCode: 50 BCP1: FF799010 BCP2: 00000000 BCp3:F980095C BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product:256_1

It also tells me there will be two files included in the report: a file with an extension .dmp which I cannot open and an XML file which I cannot find.
    It also asks if I want to report the message.
    The bottom line is that this is more annoying than anything else. How can I fix or get rid of this? Thanks,
    Craig

2. mrcoons

mrcoons

And have you allowed XP to report the problem? Once you do so you'll be able to go to this site: http://oca.microsoft.com/welcome.asp
    and possible find the solution to the problem.

3. CraigFutterman

CraigFutterman Thread Starter

Mark,
    No, I haven't. I didn't know about it. I followed your link and have submitted the report. Thanks very much. That was relatively painless. (I don't know what will happen with "passport").

I'll post their solution.

Thanks,

Craig

4. mrcoons

mrcoons

Just check back with them in a few days, I've had some take over a week before a response was posted. And sometimes they have even offered a solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!