1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP > Reformat > IE Access but can't log into to Accounts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by simonwar, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonwar

simonwar Thread Starter

Hi,

I undertook a reformat and re-install of my XP Home SP2.
    Full reformat and re-partition etc etc so everything scrubbed back to original after Worm Blaster Trojan. (Windows firewall is on as advised).

All set up re-installed, got XP SP3 downloaded from MSoft etc, include IE8.

Problem : I can get on internet, but when I attempt to log into McAfee, for example, no luck, as if the form detail won't transmit? Same on E-mail login ?

Login easy on my laptop so I know Accounts are working?

I did notice IE8 was giving me a bit of jip on compatability with add-ons > drive letter something or another ..

Not sure if I revert back to IE6 - how do i do that?

Any help appreciated, Simon.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you uninstall the IE that you have now, it will revert to the previous version.

But it is not advisable. Web standards have changed and IE6 is far less secure that later versions. You may find some web pages lack support in IE6. But it's up to you, of course. You could try it and see if it helps.

3. simonwar

simonwar Thread Starter

OK, I'll stick with IE8.

Any ideas on settings I may have on that is stopping my form data from sending?

I have set all defaults on Firewall and IE but still no good - weird ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice