1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp registry, files, ect messed up...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ikswovrat, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

helo. i have a problem on my computer. it is a newish computer - 6 weeks - and it started acting messed up. im pretty sure it happend after i used the tweaking program mz ultimate but im still pretty clueless. the problems are a registary issue with the menushowdelay making no diference at all but i dont think any of them make a difference now. also i i try to open my computer it would give me a flash light for like 30 seconds. when i open device manager it shows nothing. what would be wrong?

2. XtremeNuker

XtremeNuker

Buddy, am really not sure what happened but you can give Windows Care Advance - Free edition just install and run the program to do all the checks. I used that once when I screwed my notebook and all returned to normal after the program did all the fixes.

3. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

ikswovrat, Have you tried a System Restore to the closest date prior to when you used the tweaking program? Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

Tufenuf

4. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

i tried but it says there is no other restorepoints. i also tried to use the windows care but it didnt help the problems

5. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

ikswovrat, Check out the link below.

No Items Appear in the Device Manager List When You Open It

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311504

Does that mz ultimate tweaking program make a backup of the items you change? If it does restore the chnages to what they were. I never heard of it.

Tufenuf

6. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

I looked at the site u showed me and it was already automatic. i am unable to see if there is any backup thing and i am sure it did not tell me to or anything. i think when it optimized it also turned off system restore but i turned it back on

7. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

i also installed windows xp 3 but i uninstalled it to

8. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

is this topic dead cause i really need help :(

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

If you have a Vista cd you can boot to it and run a repair from it. if not, you are giving us no help as we haven't a clue the hardware on your pc, just use a recovery cd or restore partition or contact whoever made your pc and find out how to do it if you won't describe your system to us.
    I hope also you have learned your lesson with "tweakers" and "registry cleaners"...this is what always happens BTW.

10. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

i have xp sp2..now
    amd 4200+ x2
    m2nbp - vm csm

11. Rich-M

Rich-M

You should have a cd then so boot to it and run repair from Vista cd...bios should boot to cd but if not change boot order of drives so that dvd drive boots before hard drive so you can boot to it.

12. ikswovrat

ikswovrat Thread Starter

ok thanks you

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!