Xp registry, files, ect messed up...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ikswovrat

helo. i have a problem on my computer. it is a newish computer - 6 weeks - and it started acting messed up. im pretty sure it happend after i used the tweaking program mz ultimate but im still pretty clueless. the problems are a registary issue with the menushowdelay making no diference at all but i dont think any of them make a difference now. also i i try to open my computer it would give me a flash light for like 30 seconds. when i open device manager it shows nothing. what would be wrong?

Buddy, am really not sure what happened but you can give Windows Care Advance - Free edition just install and run the program to do all the checks. I used that once when I screwed my notebook and all returned to normal after the program did all the fixes.

ikswovrat, Have you tried a System Restore to the closest date prior to when you used the tweaking program? Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.

Tufenuf

ikswovrat

i tried but it says there is no other restorepoints. i also tried to use the windows care but it didnt help the problems

ikswovrat

I looked at the site u showed me and it was already automatic. i am unable to see if there is any backup thing and i am sure it did not tell me to or anything. i think when it optimized it also turned off system restore but i turned it back on

If you have a Vista cd you can boot to it and run a repair from it. if not, you are giving us no help as we haven't a clue the hardware on your pc, just use a recovery cd or restore partition or contact whoever made your pc and find out how to do it if you won't describe your system to us.
I hope also you have learned your lesson with "tweakers" and "registry cleaners"...this is what always happens BTW.

You should have a cd then so boot to it and run repair from Vista cd...bios should boot to cd but if not change boot order of drives so that dvd drive boots before hard drive so you can boot to it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online