1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp reloaded from boot disc now microsoft framework 4 client profile wont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DME, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DME

DME Thread Starter

I booted from my xp boot disc. It wouldnt upload service pack three so I had to download to my desk and upload it from there. It loaded and now has two Admins The original Admin and Admin with a number behind it.

...worked around most problems by reloading but Turbo tax wont reload it says microsoft.net framework4 client profile is messed up.

It messed up my outlook express , itunes and many other programs ...data was there and I fixed it...adobe is old version.

Is there anyway to get a disc that has alll the updates on it so this doesnt happen again? Is two admins going to cause a problem??? What can I do about microsoft framework 4...tried a couple things I found on internet but nothing fixed it.
    Thanks!
    Diane

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model name and model number of that computer?

What's the exact version of Windows XP(including any service pack number) that's on the disc?

Did you do a clean reinstall of windows XP?

-------------------------------------------------------

I resurrect and upgrade old computers on a regular basis, so I go through a certain process to get Windows XP up-to-date.

Format the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows XP SP3.

Install all necessary device drivers.

Go to Windows Update and do a custom scan, then select and install all the necessary high-priority updates, EXCEPT for the ones associated with Microsoft .NET Framework.

Install the full Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 package.

Go to Windows Update and select and install the security updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 and 3.5.

Install the full Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 package.

Go to Windows Update and select and install the security updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.

Note: There is no need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
    It isn't needed and it'll create an additional account.

-------------------------------------------------------

3. DME

DME Thread Starter

I have windows XP running SP 3 HP PC m7060n Pavilion Pentium 4
    System would load and then after a few characters being typed hang.
    would not boot in safe mode
    Booted from original boot disc/ update to sp3 wouldn't run on its on. downloaded to desk top and ran.
    A few of the programs when double clicked would say "the parameter is incorrect"
    Most I fixed by reinstalling the program. All ok now except Turbotax which was working before xp boot...that is the one that continues to give the errors on Framework4

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and downloads site for the HP Media Center m7060n(PS580AA) desktop.

You should add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

That model desktop was released in March 2005 and came with Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2 installed.

The SP3 upgrade for Windows XP was released in May 2008 - a little over 3 years later.

The recovery disc kit that allows you to revert that desktop back to its original factory condition is available here - if you determine you need one.

Here is the section on troubleshooting system recovery issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I discovered last year when I installed TurboTax 2011 that it needed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed first BEFORE it would install.

More and more programs are requiring this version, so I make it a point now to install it while I'm resurrecting/upgrading Windows XP computers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

5. DME

DME Thread Starter

I guess I don't understand your answer? Turbo Tax was installed and functioning until I have to reload from boot disc. I have disc. I have SP3. How do I fix microsoft.net framework 4? It shows it is there,but Turbo tax shows it to be a probelm

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Since I wasn't there to see what you did and what you used, can you be more specific and detailed about this comment?

---------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice