1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp repair freeze!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Necron9, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Necron9

Necron9 Thread Starter

I am having trouble running xp repair. the computer i am working on was damaged by a number of viruses and i think i can repair the damage with xp repair except that everytime i run the program it freezes after completing. all i get is a black screen with the windows logo and please wait... below. i have waited more than 3 hours, which i am sure is far to long, with no results. Please help!!! i really need to avoid a fresh install of xp because the programs are apparantly irreplacable or exeremly difficult to reinstall/configure. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Did you seek help on a Malware forum to have an expert help you make sure the PC was clean?

Do you know what the main infection was?

3. Necron9

Necron9 Thread Starter

yes i am sure the infection is gone, and for the life of me i cannot remember what the virus name is but it has been completly cleaned out.

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

But, did you get help on a Malware forum to be sure it was clean. Just running a few Anti Virus progs does not guarantee the infection has all gone. By the sound of your problem is most likely hasn't.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Besides the possibility of malware, the damage done may also be irreparable. A repair will replace many Windows components, but in its effort to preserve user programs and settings, it also very often saves the problem that prompted the repair.

There is no excuse for no backups.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice