XP & Restore problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wicastawakan

I am running XP Home & when I try to restore my computer to an earlier restore point, it goes through the process, then ultimately ends up saying it was unable to restore to an earlier point. I've tried several times with no luck.

I have installed some programs that could be a factor. I have used the Registry First Aid program & think it might have deleted some links/info I needed. I also have the Dantz Retrospect & PowerQuest Partition Magic 8.0. I have my first hard drive partitioned as C & H (the Dell diagnostics). The second hard drive is partitioned as G & I. I have some programs on the second hard drive that won't automatically pull up when requested off the C drive containing the OS. I have a third external drive K, but use it only for backup.

In an attempt to get the restore to work, I disabled all but C drive & it still didn't work. Any help appreciated.

Clint

If you think you have done something to prevent the "Restore's" function, why not use your back-up? (Drive K)

wicastawakan

I eliminated the original from K & do not have a good backup now. Thought I had everything going ok at the time.

dai

it has become corrupted
turn it off the back on again,to start fresh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online