1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Scheduler question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bhav, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bhav

bhav Thread Starter

Hello everybody
    how can i get something like SWAT IT(or some Anti Virus program that doesn't have a scheduler) to start the scan at a specified time through the XP scheduler.

Right now I am able to get the scheduler to open the SWAT IT but Of cource i have to hit SCAN after that to actually get the SCAN STARTED, probably there is a file one could select when selecting the task to be added to the scheduler? just wondering

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What you need is a little free script program like AutoIt. This little gem will allow you to simulate mouse clicks, and all sorts of other stuff. I use it to build all sorts of streams to automate stuff. :)

3. Kevindv10

Kevindv10

You should check the website for documentation for your program. What you have to do is find out if you can feed the application command line switches to run when it starts. Then when you schedule the app to run you can feed the scheduler the whole command line (with switches).

4. bhav

bhav Thread Starter

thanks john and kevin i'll try both suggestions and i'll post back in a day or so with results

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice