1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Shell Sendkeys Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GeorgeS, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Thread Starter

From VB I cab Shell to Wordpad and use Sendkeys to populate a document successfully under Win98 Win2000. With XP the wordpad document gets created 4 or 5 times and the sendkey data is sent 4 or 5 times. This is using identical code.
    Any ideas why? Also I notice that when you "Hover" over a control XP thinks you want to click it and does so automatically.
    Is this a setting in XP? and are the 2 problems somehow related?
    I wonder if the Tech Support Guy can help me please.
    (I have had no response from other forums - simply a suggestion that this is a bug in XP and that I should wait for a service pack upgrade). Somehow, I think this is a fundamental requirement in the XP OS and am sure that the wonderful people at MS would have tested this childish requirement of their most space aged, and super duper advanced OS yet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice