XP Shutdown Problems.....please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markd751

I just built a PC for a co worker and everything is working fine except for one big problem....when I select shutdown from the start menu, windows goes through the usual shutdown procedures then i hear a couple of clicks and the pc does not shut down. Instead the pc clicks a couple of times then the screen gets messed up as if I tried to change the monitor resolution to something that isn't supported and the fans continue to run, but the hard drives and dvdrom stop. Then after about 30 seconds it reboots. Here is the detailed specs of this pc:

Intel DQ35JO MicroATX motherboard
3 x Raptor 74GB SATA HDDs(2 are RAID, 1 non RAID system disk)
2 x Raptor 150GB SATA HDDs(RAID)
4GBs of Dual Channel DDR2 RAM (667mhz)(4 x 1024mb)
LITE ON 16x DVD+RW
450W Power Supply

PLEASE HELP!! Anything would be appreciated

Thanks

Control Panel - Power Options - just check all settings

Bios - On your computer startup, you may notice a F2 or F1 or DEL or F10 (or other!)
Go into bios check power options

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online