1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP sign on/automatically signed off

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Goud21, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Goud21

Goud21 Thread Starter

When I start my laptop, I get to the screen where I can select a profile to begin with, but when I select my profile, Windows tries to start and then automatically logs me off and I end up back at the profile selection screen. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I've tried starting in safe mode, but I get to the same spot every time. Thanks in advance for anyone that might have suggestions.

Doug

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

I suggest you try Safe Mode again but this time as Administrator then go Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and either delete your own account or at least change the password. Reboot in Normal mode and re-post if this doesn't change the situation.

3. Goud21

Goud21 Thread Starter

Thanks for trying, but even in admin mode, it won't load things for me. It tries, and then automatically logs off and brings me back to the first screen.

Doug

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice