xp sp1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seannannie

is it possible to d/l sp1 (legally) with out getting it from microshaft?..
I assume that there are other people out there who don't want mr gates knowing how, what and where is in my 'puter!

sean

If you go to the microsoft site you and do some searching there's an option for them to post you out a security update cd with sp1 and sp2 on it. Its totally free but it takes abotu a month to deliver, this of course does mean that microsoft will have your home address! ( I got mine shipped to my work address)

The service pack (both SP1 and subsequently SP2) were "given away" on the cover CD's of many computer magazines at the time as well.

The official Mr. Gates version also includes a convenient DirectX and Media Player update, and SP1 will include free trial antivirus and firewall software. (SP2 gives you the firewall whether you want it or not). I don't know if the AV is any good, but I know that Microsoft would never do anything to hurt you, would they? (lol)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online