1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp sp1

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by seannannie, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seannannie

seannannie Thread Starter

is it possible to d/l sp1 (legally) with out getting it from microshaft?..
    I assume that there are other people out there who don't want mr gates knowing how, what and where is in my 'puter!

sean

2. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

If you go to the microsoft site you and do some searching there's an option for them to post you out a security update cd with sp1 and sp2 on it. Its totally free but it takes abotu a month to deliver, this of course does mean that microsoft will have your home address! ( I got mine shipped to my work address)

3. seannannie

seannannie Thread Starter

thanks I' go and have a nosey!

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The service pack (both SP1 and subsequently SP2) were "given away" on the cover CD's of many computer magazines at the time as well.

5. hansmax

hansmax

The official Mr. Gates version also includes a convenient DirectX and Media Player update, and SP1 will include free trial antivirus and firewall software. (SP2 gives you the firewall whether you want it or not). I don't know if the AV is any good, but I know that Microsoft would never do anything to hurt you, would they? (lol)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice