1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP SP2 - Registry failure error and blue screen and boot from USSB?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sebastin, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastin

sebastin Thread Starter

My post is almost similar to http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/788610-registry-file-failure.html

I have a DELL 1150 laptop purchased 5 yrs back. I am getting registry failure error during boot up. My internal CD drive is not working. Hence I had to use another CD ROM (from similar model) and reinstall XP again. However issue gets repeats for every 3-4months. I am really fed up with getting CD ROM from others every time. I can not buy same model as that one never exists now.

Is there any way, I can boot my existing laptop with USB so I can use my external DVD ROM to reinstal XP again?

Or is there any other way to reinstall XP now? (there is no floppy disk either)

Thanks.

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Similar? In what ways? How is your problem different from the thread you cited?

Please provide the EXACT ERROR MESSAGE.

Is your computer bootable to a flash drive?

Which 1150; Inspiron 1150? THIS? http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=1150+inspiron+setup&cat=sup

Providing product pages will enable us to help you with greater efficiency.

Press F2 as soon as you turn on your computer.
    In the BIOS, look for a list of bootable devices.

You can also purchase a 5.25" optical [ cd or dvd ] drive & put it in a case, connect via USB to your laptop. www.kingwin.com

RF123

3. sebastin

sebastin Thread Starter

I am getting this error msg

Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate

I have an external DVD burner which I can connect via USB. However it wont boot from USB. BIOS boot menu shows Internal HDD / CD drive / USB drive / NIC / etc. However USB does not work. I have XP CD too.

Its inspiron 1150.

Please help me out...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice