XP SP2 running slower

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

allan1231

I have an HP Pavilion, OEM version of XP with SP2. I have Ad Aware SE, Spyware Blaster, CWShredder and Spybot Search and Destroy and an antivirus all up to date and no troubles with any of them. It is a Intel Celeron CPU 2.20Ghz with 248MB of Ram. I have about 25GB of free space left. I have defraged, ran checkdisk, deleated temp files and cookies and all I can think of but my computer seems to be running slower. It is 2 years old. Is there any FREE download that will scan and maybe fix troubles either in the registry or in my files that can work. I know to may a system restore point before editing the registry. Any ideas all I would like.
Thanks in advance
Allan

ok the main reason computers get slow are virus spyware and to many temp files on your windows folder also the registry need to be clean and defragmented i find this one to be one of the best http://www.pcprivacysoftware.com/best_registry_cleaner.html windows those not know how to do this by it self also can be you install some programs that want to start up automatically also you need to disable some third-party services that are not needed for windows xp to run properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online