1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP SP2 Update -- long awaited, much touted...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Rollin' Rog, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog Thread Starter

2. prospect

prospect

Thanks Rollin, your always on top of it man. (y)

3. $teve

$teve

Anybody still on dial up,its a very large download.........It will be out on disk pretty soon in the magazines,saves time.

;)

4. Insp3cta

Insp3cta

dial up? thats still around? :)

5. xgerryx

xgerryx

Certainly is, Especially when you live in the sticks.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm on 'supposed' high speed and I think it timed out on me with about 4 hours left :eek:

I was speaking with an MVP lead yesterday and he was into it over half an hour, and that was in Redmond :eek:

You'd think they'd give those guys discs :D

7. Rollin' Rog

I'm waiting to see it in the "september" Technet package. It should be included as a service pack update.

8. ~Candy~

I'm waiting to see if I ever get my first Technet package :eek:

9. Rollin' Rog

Didn't you get an offer to subscribe? Or did you select something else? I recall they had options.

They arrive just after the first of the month; the initial package is a small briefcase with scores of technical CDs, updates, beta versions, service packs and miscleaneous downloads from MS. Can be very handy when you don't want to use Winup or want to install on multiple systems.

You might want to chat with Brian Boston on what the deal is...

10. ~Candy~

Ya, I bugged him yesterday on MSN Messenger :D

I did the sign up in May (TechNet, although I'm wondering if I should have done the other one) as they were waiting for my NDA by mail and had received nothing by 7/24 when I left Vegas.

11. hewee

hewee

Got this from http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=21148&st=0&#entry96060

12. mach9

mach9

Thanks Hewee. I think that was released today Got a rather large download from them, unusual initials. Didn't recognize them. Never know what Symantec is doing anyway. Will wait for the CD(s). I won't reconfigure IE6 to work (keep it disabled except for 10 minutes a month), and then leave it open for 92Megs of download. Could end up with every bug known to mankind in that time. Programs could piggy-back in??? Or is that just Cyber-paranoia speaking. :D

13. prospect

prospect

OOOPPPS! Too late! :rolleyes: I just installed SP2 and it didn't see Norton anything. Well, it saw it but didn't know if it was up to date or not. Oh well. :cool: Plus I ran the updates from Norton first. (n)

14. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG

did you see that microsoft has made tools to block the sp2 updater or to allow it to download it to your pc..............i guess alot of people don't want it till they know it works correct..............to late for me i have sp2 already on my pc............ :D this is just a note..... you can find in microsoft site.... ;)

15. Deathblow

Deathblow

After the SP2 update, does it say "service pack 2" in your system properties?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/259200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice