1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp sp3 won't load normal will load safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tvjoe, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

I tried another graphics card GEFORCE FX 5200 PCI CARD in thinking it was the onboard card same problem. So I did a system restore and YO it worked . I thought try another reboot , back to same problem , it goes to a black screen where it should advance in the boot sequence .Did another system restore exactly the same came up working ok untill I rebooted it and stuck again.I took out the Pci card and still had the problem . thats where I am now , anybody help please
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2815 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE, 1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 190777 MB, Free - 169169 MB;
    Motherboard: , ALiveNF6P-VSTA, ,
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. JRC63

JRC63

Your graphics card may be irrelevant. My PC was working fine Thursday morning (1-Sept-2011) , I have made no equipment changes, but when I switched on Friday 2nd I get the same error as you; although it will boot if I use the "last known good confiruration" option. Have tried restoring to my AM 1-Sept-2011 configuration settings (restore point) but this makes no difference. My neighbour has also experienced an identical problem, hos worked morning of 1st sept but failed to boot in the evening; suspect a faulty update; do you have automatic Windows updates turned on? Are you using Mcafee virus protection or Firewall?

3. tvjoe

tvjoe Thread Starter

Yes auto update No Macafee . I have loosely conected ( hanging in ) another hdd and installed winxp on it and a couple of things and it appears to be ok so far but it takes some time to get past the point where it stopped before, I am not confdent it's fixed --- yet

4. JRC63

JRC63

If you haven't seen it already you may want to read the thread started by Philip Kirkham "XP update causes major freeze up" sounds very similar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice