XP Standby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeC613

Since my install of WinXP i do not have any option to put my computer into standby. It shuts down onits own, and APM is enabled, however in the shut down menue standby is greyed out. Someplease help as my computer is on all the time and I like to leave it on standby. Thanks.

i have win xp home edition and i have the same enabled but i still get sporatic shutdowns and there is an acpi power management that I can't disable....I could use some help I have tried everything.

I too have a similar problem. That`s why I came to this site. I have no standby option, just hibernate. The system will not hibernate on its own, I must push the power button so its basically useless.
I have downloaded all the latest drivers. Hardware list:
P5A motherboard, AMD K6-2 380 PROCESSOR, SoundBlaster PCI 512, ATI Rage Fury Pro video card, WD 40 gig Hd, USR pro modem.
For me too this is very frustrating since I am operating a small business from my home and my computer must be left on.
If anyone can, please help!

timlast@mail.com

buck52

Banned
howdy

I have XP... not sure if this will help but.... right click desktop then properties then click the screen saver tab then click on power...on the power schemes tab I have all the settings at never and on the advanced tab the options are both cleared.
When I select start >Turn of computer my standby option is available and works fine.

hope that helps

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online