1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Start up trouble..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CarpenterJC, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CarpenterJC

CarpenterJC Thread Starter

I am having some trouble with My Desktop...when I start windows it shows me an error...
    "Microsoft Office Outlook"
    "Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfil the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

I use this Desktop for My games only..it came with a 60 day trial of office wich I have attempted to delete from program list..however it says file not found and wont let me delete it..I also have windows installer disabled right now..if I enable it ..it continues to try and install something..I assume the Office Outlook but I'm not sure...the error message comes up 2 times..once before I can even log in and once after I log in...this is very annoying I've tried deleting office but I cant..I use Outlook express on that computer but very rarely..and zi have it set as the default mail client..I'd like to be able to keep the installer enabled but it always wants to install "something" at start up..any ideas?
    I wasnt sure what all info I should put here for this as I dont think its a virus or trojan..any other info I need I'll try to get as requested..Thanks.

JC

2. CarpenterJC

Just bumping to top to see if anyone has any ideas..Thanks

JC

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Did you try to remove it using Add & Remove Programs? If it is installed as part of Microsoft Office, clcick the "Change" button then Add or Remove Features. You will need to have the Windows Installer enabled to do this.

You may need to disable it from trying to start up with msconfig (Start > Run > msconfig).

4. CarpenterJC

I tried to uninstall using both the change and the remove button..each time it says the specified patch could not be opened etc etc....I do have windows installer enabled for this..it tries to remove it but cant...not sure what to try next..

JC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice