XP Startup- tooooo long!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theMusicMan

Hi Folks

Can anyone help me with my son's PC please... it simply takes an age to startup. It's running XP Home Edition and is a P4 1.7GHz with 256Meg and a 40G drive.

I know he regularly downloads screensavers etc, and Ihave also noticed Gator appearing often which I remove with the heldp of Adaware.

Another thing about Adaware - I can run it scanning the memory and full registry scan, but when I set it off scanning the C: drive, the prog freezes.

Any help would be most appreciated...

Thanks

John (for Lloyd - my boy!!!)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Ditch AdAware, since it's no longer being updated. Get SpyBot, which is still actively being updated.

theMusicMan

Hi johnwill

Thanks - I will do that! - since when has the plug been pulled from Adaware ??

John

since they decided to pour all their effort into adaware 6......5 is now obsolete..........6 is out in feb,hopefully it will assist spybot.....which is now king of the hill;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online