1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Style Folder Thumbnail View in Vista, possible?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by midsoners, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midsoners

midsoners Thread Starter

I've been using Vista for two years and have never been able to find a solution to this annoyance, so I finally decided to give in and ask for help.

Here's what I want to do:

I want to view thumbnails for JPEGs in SELECTED FOLDERS. For example, folders where I store my photos. I don't use the Vista PC for much editing, but I do use it for storage, and it's a constant pain to search through older folders when you can't view thumbnails.

What I *don't* want to do:

I do not want to view thumbnails for AVI, PDF, PSD, MPEG, .XXX, you get the point.

I do not want to view above thumbnails on the desktop, as it looks like crap.

I do not want to view thumbnails in all the folders, ONLY in the folders which I select.

Everything I have read since 2007 seems to point that you either have to be absolute or forego the ability at all.

Folder options doesn't seem to do anything about individual folders, it's all or nothing.

In XP, for example, all you have to do is sort through folder views and it will let you pick thumbnails. It actually saves them too...

Vista on the other hand... well, if it did that, I wouldn't be asking for help, would I? :D

Has anyone found an acceptable way to take care of this? And by that I don't mean having to pay for that alternative explorer program...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/835793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice