XP System Error - HELP PLEASE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snoopie3

Hi all I have Win XP Home Edition, with the following system configs:
AMD Athlon K7 1400 266 fsb
256 mb ddr ram
40 gb ata 10 7200 rpm Quantam Fireball HDD
64 mb Geforce 2mx 400 Graphics card
ECS socket motherboard.

On Startup I often get a message that says 'system has recovered from serious error...something about minidump'. Sometimes the computer shuts down for no reason, then reboots itself as if I had just turned it on.

Could someone please help me.

Do you have a CD-ROM drive or a CD Writer Drive? If you have a CD Writer drive, what software is installed with it? i.e. Nero? NTI CD-Maker? Adaptec Easy CD Creater? I have had the same problem with a system I just installed and technical advice suggested it was Works Suite 2001. I full clean reinstall of xp without Works Suite 2001 did not fix it. I suspect the CD Writer software because xp has some sort of CD Writing software built into it and may not like other CD Writer software installed.

Tony

xp does not like other cd burning software, especially Roxio. Nero works fine under it. But get used to the XP system, it is actually a lot easier than other programs, which the updates for most of those programs anton mentioned fixes those problems. later!

volrathxp
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D

Snoopie3

I have the above and it is installed and it came bundled with XP,,,I don`t think its causing any conflicts,,,,,,i got told to try disabling anything to do with cache or showing in the bios but there is no options to disable such things,,,the only thing i see cacheable is the bios itself..

Help please!!

try booting into safe mode. F8 during the boot loader: select Safe Mode. After that, go into the Event Viewer. That should be able to tell you what is exactly happening. If that doesn't, I don't know. Hope I helped.

Snoopie3

The only thing I see is a bunch of logs of whats been going on?! What should I be looking for?

look for anything related to the memory dumps. you have to open up the entries in the log to see what's happened. go through each. pay attention to the symbols too, a little white x in a red circle is an error. pay attention and look for those. those will indicate problems. make sure you look in all logs (Application, System are the main ones to look at, Security log is for auditing). Hope I helped. Any more questions, contact me on AIM at dysfunktionalX. thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online