1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP System Halt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JesuSlaveX, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JesuSlaveX

JesuSlaveX Thread Starter

OOOOOOOOOOK, it's been a while since I've written here with aproblem, so I'd figure I'd let this crew hear me out and see

Recently got a brand new ( to me ) mobo for my PC. I got it from a friend so I dont know the maker (the loader says FIC 1st mainboard). It was pretty much a barebones system

I took all my hardware from the old PC and stuck it in the new one, on boot it royally flipped out. The last file that loaded was agp44.sys, after that I get the XP BSOD sytem halt screen

0x0000007b (0xf894c640, 0xc00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Now here's the funny part!! I cant get the new board to recognize my cdrom drive. I wanna format this sucker anyway
    Any thoughts guys?

2. mobo

mobo

I would format and be sure to download the drivers for the chipset.

3. Dan O

Dan O

Is it posted when you power on the PC?

If not check the jumpers and cable connections.

And I also recommend you format and reinstall Windows as Mobo suggested. When you change hardware like you did it is a must for Windows to run properly.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Did the hard drive previously contain all the drivers for the old motherboard?

If so, the problem is likely to be the inability to recognise the IDE controller, and cannot see the HDD (or CD). This is typically a 7B stop error.

You must, when changing motherboards, uninstall everything before you power down the last time on the old board.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice