XP System Restore malfunction

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pemilowe

The XP Home System Restore has not and will not work since I installed the XP Home OEM ~2 years ago. I found an article at this site but did not write the file it told me to look for in msconfig. I looked for it there originally, after reading the article but could not find it in msconfig? What files have to be "turned on" in msconfig to have "System Restore" work? All settings that I have looked at (hard drive etc.) say that system restore is "on" and working but it will not let me create a restore point, and does not recognize any past "restore points" because they have not been created? Is there a "fix"? Let me know. If there is supposed to be a file in msconfig on the start tab, what is it and how do I get it there. Thanks. P.M.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online