XP System Tray - remove icon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rawmeat

My Dad has XP and I don't and he relies on me for fixes. He has an icon for Kodak Easy Share in his system tray that he would like removed. I tried searching the registry for the system tray, but could not find it. Perhaps it was his keyboard, but in regedit, I tried to use the find function and F3 did not "find next". I had to use CTRL+F and click "Find Next" each search.:mad: I looked in the Kodak hive and did not see any entry to place in the system tray. Could someone please give me a clue as to where to look so he will be happy again?

TIA

Have you taken it out of System Configuration Utility.
Start/Run/msconfig/startup. Also is it removed from Add/Remove Programs.
Also in Windows Explorer is there any trace of Kodak.
I use easy share and have had to uninstall and reinstall and haven't had any problems getting it out of the system tray. Hope this helps.

To be able to remove the Kodak Easyshare Software from your start-up items, please check the instructions below. To access the Startup items list through the MSCONFIG process:
1. Left click the "Start" menu button and left click "Run".
2. Type the word "msconfig" in the "Open:" line of the window.
3. Click "OK".
4. Click the "Startup" tab across the top of the window. This will show the list of programs that launch during Startup.
5. Place a check mark in front of the program you want to automatically launch at Statup and take the check mark "OFF" what you do not want to launch at Startup. At this point, the Kodak Easyshare Software.
6. Click "apply" then "ok."
7. Click "Yes" when the message appears asking if you want to restart your computer. This will close the window and restart the computer for you.

Or, you can double click the icon and look under the Optons menu for the program for the checkbox that says something like Load on Startup and uncheck it.

rawmeat

Thank you all for the help! As a W2k person, I don't even think about msconfig much. I need to diversify more! (But so far I hate XP!):D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online