1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Task Manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cage72, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cage72

Cage72 Thread Starter

I went to go and check some processes in Task Manager and when I did I received the following message, " Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". I'm not to sure how this came about or happend..as I'm the administrator. I checked MS website under the Knowledge Base and couldn't find anything..and also did a search on here. Thanks in Advance

Specs:
    Intel P4 D845WN Mobo
    Intel P4 1.5 CPU
    384 SDRAM
    Windows XP Home Edition

Attached Files:

2. muddman

muddman

if you are virus free then open registry editor [Regedit.exe] and go to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    set "DisableTaskMgr" data to 0

3. Cage72

Cage72 Thread Starter

Muddman..thanks for the help. By any chance do you know why that would have happend as to avoid it in the future?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219972

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice