XP Task Scheduler & Passwords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfh

My Task Scheduler will not work. When I try to schedule a task, at some point, I'm asked to enter a password, which I can't do as I don't recall ever entered any kind of password on this computer. No one uses it or has access to it but me, and there's nothing on it anyone but me would want, so I don't really have any need for administrator or other passwords. I gather from reading other threads that the Task Scheduler will not work without a password. This is not a major problem, as I can run my maintanance tasks manually, but I just want to verify that the Task Scheduler won't run without a password of some sort. (I do wonder why MS considers it necessary to build such protection around Task Scheduler).

jfh

Thanks, Elvandil. I may try a free scheduler - or just keep on running the "maintenance apps" manually. Nice to know the reason for the password requirement. jfh

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's not a burden to have a password anyway. Also, you can simply create an account just for scheduled tasks that has a password and use that account to run all the scheduled tasks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online