XP thinks my hard drive in a removable drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pummisher

I have just reinstalled XP Pro. I have a SATA hard drive and have to install drivers during install. I didn't install the drivers this time assuming they would still be in the system. Ever since XP thinks the hard drive is a removable drive. I tried reinstalling again but nothing.

It's not a big issue other than the removable drive icon in the system menu.

Is there anyone out there that knows how to fix this silly problem?

pummisher

Turns out when I reinstalled XP Pro, the OS installed the RAID drivers along with everything else and that was causing the problem.

I just had to remove the nVidia IDE drivers.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, I'm using the nVidia RAID on mine, so removing them isn't really an option! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online