1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP to Vista File Sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TomDefyingLife, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomDefyingLife

TomDefyingLife Thread Starter

I've finally managed to set up my xp - vista network but its still not quite right.

I can access the shared folders on the XP machine fine from the vista machine, but when i try to access the vista shared folders from the XP machine, i get asked for a user name and password, when i type in the username and password it just pops up again as if i typed it wrong. I've currently not got a password set on the vista machine but i tried it with and it still didnt work

Its set to private network, and file sharing and public folder sharing is on (password required). both the firewalls are set to allow file sharing.

anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it??

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When I suggested "post a summary" I meant in the same thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice