1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP uninstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HonestDon19, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HonestDon19

HonestDon19 Thread Starter

hello,
    how do i delete a partial install of XP?

2. brianF

brianF

You should be able to run xp setup again and under the advanced options delete the partition or reformat it.

3. HonestDon19

HonestDon19 Thread Starter

iam upgrading from 98 to XP. everthing was going well during the upgrade when a blue screen pops up saying how windows has been shutdown. it says something about checking the harddrives. so i restarted and now it gives me two options. to either start XP or to start 98. starting XP gets me no where so i pick 98. once in 98 it will either freeze or just restart. help do you think the partial install of XP is causing this problem?
    later
    jayson

4. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice